Monday, March 16, 2009

CCNSMSU At Spring Break PCB


It is Spring Break here in Sunny Florida. Hundreds of thousands have come to the beach for an annual dose of drunkeness, drugs, fornication, and flaunting of the lusts of the eyes and the lust of the flesh.
Our Campus group, (Change Collegian Network) travelled down here and joined forces with Shawn Holes, Michael Marcavage, and seven others to proclaim the Gospel to these young people focussed on fulfilling the lust of their flesh. After months of prayer and preparation, I thought I would be prepared. But I have never been in so wicked and vile a place as here.
Day one, we hit the beach at 11:00 AM and set up our station near LaVela, the worlds largest nightclub. If you have State Farm Insurance or Geico, you should find another company immediately because they are major sponsors of this wickedness. We have a half mile haler, and some microphones, and we simply preach the law and call men to repent and believe the Gospel. To those who are seasoned open air preachers, this is paradise and hell rolled up into one. Paradise in that there are 1000 sinners in direct hearing of the free preaching of the Gospel. The bad news is that many of them have no concept of decency in terms of dress or behavior. They do not understand personal space, or respect personal property. During our day there, young men and women openly exposed themselves, made sexual gyrations, and cursed God and us. We were privileged to be spat upon, have objects thrown at us, and have our micropone and speaker attacked. While they are doing this, they are proclaiming their goodness and their belief in God. I wonder quietly which emergent church they attend, and what jesus they worship.
There are so many who claim to be Christians here. I wonder if Jesus was speaking to them in the words of Jeremiah the prophet: 9Concerning the prophets:My heart is broken within me; all my bones shake;I am like a drunken man, like a man overcome by wine,because of the LORD and because of his holy words.10 For the land is full of adulterers; because of the curse the land mourns, and the pastures of the wilderness are dried up. Their course is evil, and their might is not right.11 "Both prophet and priest are ungodly; even in my house I have found their evil,
declares the LORD. 12 Therefore their way shall be to them like slippery paths in the darkness, into which they shall be driven and fall,for I will bring disaster upon them in the year of their punishment,
declares the LORD. 13In the prophets of Samaria I saw an unsavory thing: they prophesied by Baal and led my people Israel astray.14But in the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen a horrible thing: they commit adultery and walk in lies; they strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that no one turns from his evil; all of them have become like Sodom to me, and its inhabitants like Gomorrah."15Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets: "Behold, I will feed them with bitter food and give them poisoned water to drink,for from the prophets of Jerusalem ungodliness has gone out into all the land."I am so tired of these pastors giving bad advice and counsel to young people that Jesus loves them and will forgive them no matter what they do. A partial truth is still a lie. Young people who believe it will go to Hell just as sure as the most lost heathen. You cannot be a Christian and drink sin in like wine. The open flaunting of sin is beyond anything that I have seen; and the accompaning self righteousness and pride that states that they are still moral and good and christian is unbelievable. And they get this from their 'christian' parents and 'christian' pastors.
Pray for us, we are leaving this internet cafe and going out to do more preaching

No comments: